Follow the instructions to sign into Adobe mobile apps on your iPad or other mobile devices.
- Read through the information about 'Iolani-managed Adobe accounts here.
Make sure your iPad is up-to-date. Many of the Adobe iPad apps require you have a current version of iPadOS in order to install. If you are having trouble updating your device, make sure you have a recent iCloud backup of your iPad (your iPad may not allow you to update if your data has not been backed up recently). Contact ITS if you encounter difficulties updating your iPad.
- Install the apps you want to use on your device. Adobe publishes a list of their mobile apps at https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/catalog/mobile.html. For school-issued iPads, most Adobe apps are available to download in Self Service.
- Open the app and tap "Sign in with Adobe." This set of instructions uses Photoshop for iPad, but the steps are fundamentally the same on other mobile devices and operating systems. Other apps may have an option to "Sign in with an Adobe ID." Do not choose any of the options to sign in with Google or Facebook.
- Type in your 'Iolani email address, then tap "Continue."
(Skip if you do not see this screen) If you used your @iolani.org email to create an Adobe account prior to August 2020, you may be asked to choose between a personal or company/school account. Tap "Company or School Account."
- You will be redirected to the 'Iolani sign-in page to finish logging in. Enter your 'Iolani email password here, then tap "Sign in."
- Tap "No."
- The Photoshop main menu should appear. Setup is finished; you're now free to begin using Creative Cloud on your mobile device.